Tuesday 20 December 2011

This might be cheating

The winter issue of Knitty is out so that's the pattern for today.  There aren't always patterns in knitty that I would make, but this one has some neat stuff going on.  So I'm just going to highlight a couple of my favourites.

Firelight is a beautiful knitted vest that actually looks interesting and flattering.  I would definitely wear this.  Definitely going on my "to make" list (it's getting longer all the time... sigh).

Skyisle, a lovely fair-isle cardigan.  Way beyond my skills at this point though since it is worked in the round and then steeked (a fancy term for taking a pair of scissors to your precious knitting) in order to put on the button band.  Yikes!

The Made in USA mittens are neat because of the customizability and they'd look great in a bunch of different colour combinations.  You know, for those of us who were made in Canada (or elsewhere).

And the Teknika gloves look pretty nice, however the thing I love about them is that they use conductive thread on the fingertips, which means that for those of us who have touch screen phones and are prone to frozen fingers, you can use your phone without taking off your gloves!  Tech-savvy knitting.  I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment