Saturday 24 December 2011

Holy crap I made it.

Christmas is tomorrow!  If you're not ready for it by now, you're screwed!... Just kidding... but seriously, if you are crazy enough to brave the malls and grocery stores today, maybe say an extra goodbye to your friends and family because you may never see them again.

This will be my last advent blog post.  I briefly considered posting tomorrow but I think advent calendars generally just go to the 24th.  And anyway, I'm sure everyone has better things to do, including me!

I'll be honest with you guys, I'm kind of shocked that I made it.  I was not expecting to stick with it the whole time.  But I did it, and now I'm going to take a blogging break until 2012.  I promise I will have lots of great stuff to post by then!  I might even post before then, we'll see how much I miss it, but I make no promises.

So I was searching for one last free pattern to share, and when I found today's pattern I literally gasped.  It may not look like much, but it's the kind of thing that is totally me.  I would wear it all the time.  I'm actually really sad that I don't have it in my wardrobe already.  Of course this all means that this is definitely going on my "to knit" list, perhaps even the "to knit as soon as I can buy more yarn" list.  It's called Dream Stripes, and it's a simple triangle shawl but it's got a pretty geometric lace border and the body is in striped stockinette.  Stripes!  I love stripes!  It is also available on ravelry in many different languages if you are so inclined.  Reading a knitting pattern in Japanese can't be all that hard, can it?  :S

That's all for me, I wish you all a safe and happy Christmas!  Catch ya on the knit side!  

No comments:

Post a Comment