Saturday 10 December 2011

Fierce! No, not like Tyra.

Ever since I found this pattern a year ago I'd been wanting to make it.  A few days after coming across it I was gushing about it to a friend and he immediately asked when he was going to get one.  I just laughed at him.  But in the back of my mind I knew that I was going to make it eventually, and he was probably going to be the recipient.  About a month ago I decided it was time since his birthday was coming up.  And here is the result:



The wings curled pretty bad at first so I just went foraging in my junk drawer and found some twist ties and somehow managed to thread them through the front and back edges of the wings to make them stand out more.  It works well enough.  It at least keeps the wings from curling and even helps to pose the wings slightly so they can really stand out.




Rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment