Friday 2 December 2011

A bright idea

Happy December 2nd!  Only 3 weeks and two days until Christmas!  Perhaps it is time to put up the tree if you haven't already.  I always feel that the first weekend in December is a good time to put the tree up, if I can wait that long.  Sometimes it's earlier, I'll be honest with you.  My tree is not yet up, but if it was, I would totally take a picture of it and show you that it's covered with these!

When I say "covered" I mean that I have (I think) about 8 of them in different colours.  I made a bunch of them last year.  Actually, I probably made around 20 of them, because I kept making pairs of them and putting them on my tree, and people would come over and say "Ohmigosh those are so cute!" and before I knew what I was saying, I would always blurt out "Oh you like them?  Well you can have those ones, I can always make more!"  And so of course that's what happened, including a set of six for my mom.  I had already made her a pair of them and she decided she wanted more.  Mothers, eh?  It was a couple of weeks into January before I had actually made a set of them for myself that I was planning on keeping.

There are a number of things that I like about these.  They're super cute (obviously), they're really quick to make, they are great stash-busters, and they are virtually indestructible, unlike most ornaments.  Well don't take me up on that.  I basically mean that if the kids or the pets get their grubby little paws on them, no one is going to get hurt.  And if it doesn't turn out, the cats can always use another toy.  It's win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment