Saturday 17 December 2011

Honey (doo doo doo doo doo doo)

Today's pattern is in honour of the Enabler's homemade mead which we just bottled earlier this week.  It's delicious.  Like, the best mead I've ever had by a country-friggin-mile.  I actually feel kind of bad for you that you don't get to have any.  Wait, no I don't, because I have a ton of delicious mead and that's better than feeling sorry for people.

The pattern is the honey cowl from madelinetosh.  I like how the pattern is customizable for different lengths, and how if you only have one skein of madelinetosh (which isn't out of the question as multiple skeins of this lovely yarn can both be hard to come by and can also mean big $$$) then you can still make a really luscious and useful accessory.  I haven't made this cowl, but I have 3 skeins of the yarn that it calls for in the forestry colourway.  Two of them for sure are being used for an upcoming project but that will leave me with one and it just might turn into this cowl.

I suggest that you make this cowl because it might help fill the void you have in your life left by not having a shelf full of mead.  But probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment