Thursday 22 December 2011

Lemony fresh

If you haven't read A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, you totally should.  I don't think they're just for kids as they are pretty dark.  There is a warning at the beginning of each book that basically says that if you like stories that start with "Once upon a time..." and end with "and they lived happily ever after", don't read the book.  There are 13 books but none of them are very long.  I listened to them on audiobook which was pretty fun since most of them are read by Tim Curry (who is hilarious).

I haven't seen the movie yet, but according to the designer of the Snicket Socks, they were inspired by Violet Baudelaire's dress in the movie.  I like the simple and classic design of these socks.  They are interesting but they still look functional.  As in, they're gonna keep your feet warm.

I have discovered that I am not a sock knitter.  I enjoy knitting socks, but my socks are pretty basic, and I don't usually go crazy over sock patterns.  I haven't attempted anything beyond one at a time, top-down, 3x1 rib socks that look like this:


In my opinion, socks go on your feet.  They keep your feet warm.  They go in shoes.  I enjoy making them as a small, portable, not too intensive project, and I do enjoy wearing hand knitted socks, but I'm probably never going to make (or wear) anything like these.  Sorry, Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment