Saturday, 25 February 2012


It is finished.  After months of diligence and patience, I finished it last night.  It started out as something fun, but as the weeks wore on, I began to question my sanity.  It certainly had its ups and downs.  There were stretches of time where I didn't know if I could go on, and then just when I couldn't take it anymore, my spirits would be lifted and it would be enjoyable again, just enough to make me want to keep going and see it through to the end.  There were points at which I wondered why anyone ever thought this was a good idea, and point at which I wondered why I hadn't done this sooner.  But at last, the hard work has paid off, and it is finished.  It was fun while it lasted, but boy am I glad that it's over.

I have finally finished watching the entire series of Dawson's Creek.

Oh, I'm sorry, did you think I was talking about the sweater?  Yeah that's not done yet.  I am partway through the hood but I don't have any pictures of it because it looks weird.  And anyway the sweater was not my focus this week.

First up, my Daybreak/Sunset shawl is finished and blocked and I LOVE it.

I am probably going to wear it all the time, which works well because it goes with almost all of my outfits.  Because it has ALL OF THE COLOURS.  Well, it doesn't have orange or red or yellow but I don't wear much of those colours anyway so it's okay.  And it doesn't go so well with plaid or other stripes, but maybe I don't care.

My main knitting project for the week was new mittens for the Enabler since he lost the gloves I made him.  He wanted a warm pair of winter mittens, didn't really want gloves, but doesn't like mittens either.  Quite the conundrum.  So he asked if I could do split mittens somehow and I said sure, and after a quick search on ravelry I did not find what I was looking for.  There was one pair called Glitten, but it is really cabled and girly looking and not really what I wanted.  Then there was this pair of Glittens which I found really off-putting, no offence to the designer.  I just think they look really weird, almost obscene.  I can't really describe it any other way.

The next step was realizing that in order to get what I wanted, I was going to have to figure it out myself.  That's right, I was going to have to design something.

So I did.

Pattern will be posted shortly, I wanted to give it its own post for clarity's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment