Saturday 1 December 2012

The problem with Christmas knitting

I started my Christmas knitting back in August.  I haven't just been knitting things for Christmas since then, but it has been on and off and there has always been a gift on the go.  Naturally, I can't post my finished (or even in-progress) items on here, because that would ruin the surprise for people at Christmas.  The reason I didn't post at all in November (aside from my super long last post) is because I have been knitting ONLY things for Christmas.  That's right.  Since I finished the Storm Fir Shawl, I haven't knit anything for myself because frankly I just haven't had the time.  I realized with about 45 knitting days to go that I still had a number of projects left to finish (or even start), and so it's been crunch time since then.  I was pretty sure that there was no way I was going to get it all done.  I thought about scaling back a project or two, but ultimately it wouldn't have been what I wanted to do so I stuck with my original plans.  I then started to prioritize.  I bumped back a project that didn't need to get done until January, and focused on the ones that need to be done before Christmas.  All I've been doing lately is knitting, so I haven't had time to blog, even if I DID have any projects that I could post pictures of.

Now it's December 1.  I've made a lot of progress in the last week, so my situation doesn't seem as dire to me as it did before.  I'm not out of the woods yet, but I can see a faint glimmer of light through the trees.

Which is a good thing, because as much as I totally love knitting things for other people, I have a whole bunch of things that I want to knit for myself.  Such as one of these two shawls by Lisa Mutch.


I think I am leaning towards Askew (pun intended), but I also really love Deviate.  The yarn is indigodragonfly MCN Sock in "Ooooo.. Shiny...".  If that isn't the best colour name ever I don't know what is.  Go check out their list of available yarn and just read the colour names, they are hilarious!  The yarn itself is pretty great too.

So that's about all I'm going to say for today...  Oh, I can show you one more thing!  I've been making tiny sock Christmas ornaments.  They are like potato chips, just one is not an option!  I have a bunch of them by now and I just love them.  They're so quick and adorable I can't even stop myself!


And for good measure, here is a picture of my cat sitting funny.

He thinks he's people!

1 comment: